The Heart for Kingdom Service - Part 2
TEXT: Eccl. 8:11-13, Matt. 12:34-35, Matt. 15:7-20
Memory Verse: "Matt. 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God"
To know that our heart is the major place of God's dwelling place. To know that any wickedness done in your heart is a seed we will reap tomorrow. To understand that our heart rules your whole being. Finally to know that the more our heart is purified the better our relationship with God.
We are in a generation where hypocrisy is exhibited in a high order. Men will be saying a different thing in their heart doing another thing in their actions. The enemy has entered into the church and has filled the hearts of men with wickedness especially envy and jealousy, love of money, evil thoughts, disobedience, lust of the eyes and flesh. People's heart are therefore ready to do all kinds of evil. Men and women just come to church but their hearts are far from God. People are no more zealous in serving God. Members are only interested in the false prophecies that are deceiving people today, these are results of evil and deceitful hearts. People wear all kind of seductive clothes today, seducing the church? Even though God is slow to anger, you must be afraid of God. There will be judgement one day and you will face the anger of God. Heb. 9:27.
THE DECEITFULNESS OF MAN'S HEART
- The bible declares that man's heart is deceitful and desperately wicked above all things who can know it. When you hear God speaking of evil heart, dont go far to think of another person's heart, just look deep into your heart to see how much you have been deceived. How much have you lived in disobedience against the pastor and the church? This sinful lifestyle is found in many of our hearts. Gal. 5:19-21. Class work: Take a sheet of paper and write down all the evil thoughts that has stayed long in your heart eating you up.
- Think of several times you showed someone signs of being so good and loving, yet your heart is saying another thing. You gave promises you know you will not fulfil, but you presented such attitude that shows love while you were deceiving the person. Was that a mistake? No! That was a deliberate act of deception and wickedness. Do you think God never sees such things when He said, "These hypocrites worship me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Many of us are the same, we need to change. Matt. 15:7-8, 1 John 2:9-11.
- The serpent deceived Eve in Gen. 3 which brought generational sin. Cain killed his own blood brother in Gen. 4 for jealousy. Ammon raped Absalom's sister which is her step sister for lust of the eyes and flesh, and Absalom killed his brother Ammon for anger in 2 Sam. 13. Absalom conspired against his father to dethrone him for power in 2 Sam. 15. How many people have you killed with your mouth secretly and in your heart with gossip. All these are activities of deceiption, wickedness, pride and subtlety from an evil heart. Oh! Our heart. Oh! Lord touch and change our heart! 1 John 3:11-12
- Many of us do so many evil things secretly in the church from our deceitful hearts hiding them? Even today Jesus is calling people generation of vipers. We all know that the venom of viper is so dangerous. Does it mean that sometimes we produce this attitude of viper, crooked life, subtle and wicked like the serpent. Check your heart and see the way you treat the work of God. When you eat your tithes you lay a foundation for curse. How many of us have deceived the church and the pastor saying you will do this, yet in your heart you were lying? Prov. 6:16-19.
WHY IS MAN'S HEART SO WICKED?
- If there were bullets, arrows, swords, missiles, bombs and other weapons in the hearts of men, you will be seeing dead bodies all around the streets and high way, especially the dead bodies of pastors and church leaders who are always telling people to give their resources for kingdom support. 1 Cor. 9:7-14. Imagine a Church member who can never remember his pastor and church leader for a blessing, what a deceived and wicked Christian. Yet the servant of God dies daily for the church like a candle that is burning away every day. 1 Tim. 5:17-18, Gal. 6:6-10.
- Can you think of how many times you have treated God as a beggar by your attitude in your heart? How is your offering, is it not as if you are giving to a street beggar? Beware! Can you think of how many times you have become angry or think evil against your pastor or church leader just because he spoke about church support? You are happy doing your need but you are angry at the mention of God's work. May God break that your wicked heart against God. May mercy locate that evil and deceitful heart right now in Jesus name. 2 Chro. 31:4-10.
- Selfishness has really consumed the hearts of many in the church. The wickedness of men's hearts make them to complain about tithes, offering, mission support, paying church rents and building for God. But they dont complain about asking God to give them money to build houses, support business, buy cars, buy costly wears, shoes and jewellery etc. They don't complain when they do their personal numerous needs, but immediately it is time for God's work you will hear Christians complain as if they are dying the same day. Is that not our lifestyle? Oh! The heart of man with wickedness. Oh! Lord touch and change our hearts. James 4:1-10.
- When a church member can no more evangelise, study God's word in spiritual hunger, pray zealously, give offering and pay tithes with joy, come to church early for Sunday School, care for the pastor, that member is dead spiritually. God first and you second or you can decide, YOU FIRST AND GOD SECOND. Choose one. When a church can owe church rent for months, it is a sign that the conscience and the hearts of men are already dead. When you struggle to serve God especially in giving and total commitment, be afraid for your heart is deceived. How can a Christian be full of earthly things and forget that our life is a vapour, it can disappear in a second. James 4:14. Oh! The heart of man! Oh! Lord touch our hearts and melt is with your word. James 4:13-14, Matt. 6:33, Mark 13:31.
REMEDIES FOR DECEITFUL AND WICKED HEART
- CRY UNTO GOD TO DELIVER YOUR HEART.
- DECIDE TO TRULY CHANGE ALL YOUR EVIL CHARACTERS.
- TAKE A PRIVATE TIME FOR FASTING AND PRAYERS.
- MEET YOUR PASTOR FOR PRAYERS AND COUNSELING.
- CHANGE SOME FRIENDS IF NECESSARY.
- BEGIN TO PAY YOUR TITHES AND GIVE QUALITY OFFERINGS.
- MAKE IT A HABIT TO SUPPORT GOD'S WORK.
OUR PRESENT NEEDS TO FINISH THE GALLERY
E.g. We need 1. 15 Pcs of rod 10 at 4.000 each = 60.000 2. 10 rod 8 at 2.500 = 25.000 3. 10 binding wire at 1000 = 10.000 4. 15 Pcs of 2x4 latts at 1.200 plus 20 Pcs we were owing = 45.000 5. Sand at 80.000 for decking blocks (Odit) 6. Gravel at 110.000 for decking 7. 2 packets of concrete and ordinary nail 5.000 8. Contractor and workers 105.000 9. Paying for building materials borrowed 51.000 10. Finally cement for decking 85 bags at 5.000 = 450.000. This is the final battle to deck the gallery to avoid this heavy rain destroying what we have done already. Can your heart be quiet while God and the bishop are crying to see this work finished. May God bless you immensely.
There is no level you can arrive in your Christian life that you don't need yo to watch your heart daily. The higher you go in Christian life, the more closer you need to be to God to avoid being a casualty in this Christian journey. The worst part of human character is hypocrisy and love of money, if you have it, you are finished. Watch your heart. Mark 13:31-37.