The Heart for Kingdom Service - Part 3
TEXT: 1 Sam 16:1-13, Gen. 39:7-20
Memory Verse: "1 Sam 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, LOOK NOT on his COUNTENANCE, or on the HEIGHT of his STATURE; because I have REFUSED him: for the Lord SEES NOT as man sees; for man looks on the OUTWARD APPEARANCE, but the Lord LOOKS ON THE HEART."
To know that the heart of man is the centre of God's attraction. To know that whatever is done in the flesh has no future, nor eternal values. To know that if you lose your soul which is your heart because of money and material things you are lost forever. Finally to understand that satan knows the importance of the hearts of men and he is fighting everything possible to destroy their souls in hell fire.
The heart is the secret bank of human life. It is a place no other person can know the treasures except they are revealed by God. But God knows everything in the hearts of men, that is why He said he will bring every secret thing into judgment, even our thoughts whether they are good or evil. Eccl. 12:13-14. Joseph decided in his heart that he will not lie with his master's wife, and he said, "How then can I do this GREAT WICKEDNESS and sin AGAINST GOD. Gen. 39:7-10. But no one was there except two of them. When you are alone what do you think and what do you do. Joseph went to prison by the wickedness and lustful heart of his master's wife, yet he did not talk. David's heart made God to choose him as a king instead of his elder brothers. What are the contents of your heart, are they evil, wicked or good? Beware of your heart. Until your heart stop serving God for interest, and begin to serve Him sacrificially for love you have not known God. Rom. 8:14
AM I REALLY A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN?
- This great question will be answered in our hearts personally. Are we truly born again Christians? If we say yes, then what is the daily contents of our hearts. What does our secret life look life? What are our daily activities, do they glorify God, satan or our flesh? Can you see the hearts of uncountable people are only interested in material things today in the church? John 6:26-27, Col. 3:12-17, 23-25.
- Christianity means manifesting the practical life of Christ. If our hearts or lifestyle does otherwise, then we are out of Christ's purpose on earth. All our hearts desire today is prosperity, no more in need of humility and anointing to serve and be used of God. Until our hearts stop serving God for interest, and begin to serve Him sacrificially for love we have not known God. Phil. 2:3-5, Matt. 7:24-27
- In spite of the countenance and the height of Eliab and other six sons of Jesse, they were rejected by God from being king. God says, I look at the heart. How is your heart? When God is in search of a man and sees you and rejects you, you are a big mess in your heart. Ezk 22:30. Many have misunderstood this and live the way they want, saying don't judge my appearance or what I wear, but they forget that their lifestyles are the activities of their hearts. What are the treasures of your heart ?Mark 7:21-23, 1 Sam. 16:7-10.
OH! LORD BREAK MY HEART
- Christ says, my food is to do the will of God that sent me and to finish it. You can see it in our bishop and his wife. What preoccupies your heart? To make riches in this world and be very great without much kingdom investments? That is insanity and madness. It is not bad but you will lose them one day because of selfishness and greed in your heart if you don't repent. Until your heart stop serving God for interest, and begin to serve Him sacrificially for love you have not known God. John 4:34-35. Luke 12:16-21.
- Why would your heart allow the labour of our hands in the cathedral to be destroyed while what is needed to finish it is not up to what you use for yourself? It is time to allow God to touch and change our hearts. If your heart is purified, you will be a vessel unto honour for every good work. Until your heart stop serving God for interest, and begin to serve Him sacrificially for love you have not known God. 2 Tim. 2:19-21, 2 Cor. 9:6-11
- The bishop once gave us a testimony how he gave his only and first Mercedes Benz Car to establish our Church in Togo when he heard the voice of God. Our Mother Josephine also gave her only Mercedes Benz Car when we started building the cathedral in Bonaberi. Do you even hear God's voice when it comes to doing the will and the work of God? His voice is in His word. His voice is heard as you listen to his servant teach his word. Until your heart stop serving God for interest, and begin to serve Him sacrificially for love you have not known God. John 9:4, 2 Tim. 2:3-5.
GOD'S VALUE FOR MONEY AND MATERIAL THINGS
- God sees money and material things as nonsense, dung and useless, that is why he made the streets of heaven with pure gold where humanity will walk on them. So what men sees so important, valuable, costly and precious in their heart on earth are the things God use for heavenly foot match. Rev. 21:19-21. Can you begin to change your mind about the worship of money and material things so you can make heaven. Luke 12:15. Until your heart stop serving God for interest, and begin to serve Him sacrificially for love you have not known God. Titus 3:8, 1 Tim. 6:7
- It is insanity, madness and foolishness for we to allow material things to control our hearts. None of those things have eternal value. When God's word says, "That man life does not consist on the abundance of wealth he possesses" he cautioned man by saying; Beware of covetousness. Any heart full of materialism is full of idolatry. Until your heart stop serving God for interest, and begin to serve Him sacrificially for love you have not known God. Luke 12:13-15
- God called a rich man in the bible a fool. How can a very rich man be a fool? Are you sure, you are not one of the fools God is talking about. The reason for calling him a fool is simple; he was rich in this world and poor towards God. What about you, are you rich towards God? Your heart complains and burns like fire when you give little things to do God's work. Until your heart stop serving God for interest, and begin to serve Him sacrificially for love you have not known God. Luke 12:16-21.
HAVE THE MIND OF CHRIST
- God does not forget our labour of love done in his name, but we easily forget what God had done in our lives because we are wicked; especially when we are demanded to support God's work we give crumbs as for dogs. We also easily forget the help men rendered to us; especially the servant of God who stands for us in time of trouble. That is why our hearts are puffed up, deceived and wicked. No wonder paying your tithe and supporting the work of God is difficult. Until your heart stop serving God for interest, and begin to serve Him sacrificially for love you have not known God. Heb. 6:10, Psalms 66:11-20.
- If the hearts of those you read in the bible were behaving like you, the gospel will never come to you. Today we are Lukewarm, selfish, proud, nonchalant, lovers of pleasures, uncommitted, late comers, complainers and yet all that is in our hearts is that we need money, money, money, money. If the bishop and wife do the same our work in the cathedral will remain undone.
We will give account of whatsoever we have done on earth. Nothing can compare your soul. Mark 8:34-38.