The Man Behind a Fruitful Ministry
Text: 2 Corinthians 6:3-10
The man is more than the ministry.
The man makes the ministry. If the man is not the right kind of man, the ministry can never be fruitful.
1. The Making of Real Man - 1 John 2:12-14
Being male is a matter of birth, but being a man is a matter of choice.
Becoming a real man simply means rising up to your maximum potentials; fulfilling God's will and purpose for your life; being a blessing to everyone around you; being respected by those closest to you; displaying godly character in every situation.
Real men are men of honour and men of honour are real men.
Real men possess the following attributes:
- Respect - Integrity and character beget respect. When you lose the respect of those close to you, you have lost all.
- Effective - creating impact and making things happen.
- Action - Not rhetorics but actions that bring positive result.
- Love - Doing everything from the heart of love for God and fellow human being.
- Matured - acting in a matured and magnanimous way.
- Elegant - very elegant in planning and execution of ideas, plans and purpose.
- Nurture - ability to help, assist and mentor others.
2. 10 Marks of Real Men
- A real man is a man of his word
- A real man is a spiritually growing man
- A real man doesn’t joke with his family
- A real man is independent of his parents
- A real man is purposeful and decisive
- A real man makes good investment of his time, talent and treasure.
- A real man is not overwhelmed or overrun by problems.
- A real man possesses a great attitude no matter what
- A real man takes risk for himself and others.
- A real man desires to contribute positively to life.
3. Qualities of the Man behind Fruitful Ministry.
A. There are usually three kinds of men in almost every ministry.
- Demas - 2 Timothy 4:10 - sinful, worldly and carnal man.
- Diotrephes - 3 John 9: 10 - proud, boastful, politician.
- Demetrius - 3 John 12 - an open, honest, growing man.
B. Until we possess the under listed qualities of the real man, our ministries cannot be truly fruitful and fulfilling.
- Sound salvation - John 3: 1- 3
- Godliness within and without - Hebrew 12: 14
- Spirit filled man
- Selfless, sacrificial and disciplined
- Tender and pliable with God
- Wise and harmless. Hebrew 7:26
- Matured and broad mindedness
- In tune with the move of God
- Prayerful and devoted.
- Humble and lowly of mind
- Hunger for God in a greater dimension. Phil. 3: 10-14
- Current and excellence oriented