The Reason for Christmas is Christ (Part 3)
TEXT: 1 John 1:1-21
Memory Verse: "Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace .”
The greatest thing that can happen to any man on earth is to accept Jesus Christ the Lord into his or her life. 1 John 5:11-12 declares " And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life; and this life is in his Son. He that has the Son has life; and he that has not the Son of God has no life. Looking at the five names called the Son of God in the above Isaiah 9:6 shows what He has come to do on earth.
- Wonderful - He does great miracles and wonders in the world and in people's life. Mk 10:46-52
- Counsellor - His words are the greatest counsel and wisdom for one to excel in all. 1 Jn 1:1-5
- The mighty God - The whole world was created by His power and He is Omnipotent. Jn 1:1-5
- The everlasting Father - He is eternal life and he give life both physical and eternal. Jn 11:21-45
- The Prince of Peace - He is peace and by him the whole world will abide in peace. Mk 4:35-41
- As earlier said, the birth of Christ is not a human imagination as it is with the birth of ordinary men and all religious leaders of world. It is nothing but God's counsel and wonders. Luke 1:26-38.
- His birth was and will still be a wonder to all man kind, seeing he was born as a seed from heaven, divine and holy without any human effort. He did and is still doing wonders on earth, even his name alone works miracles and wonders on earth both in the physical and spiritual realm. So why can human being chose a date to celebrate such a treasure, precious gift from above, some may be confused but we are not about this christmas. Matt. 28:15-20
- Even if some by ignorance and foolish thought and religion refuse to celebrate Christmas showing the birth of Christ, real Christians, the music world, writers and authors, actors and actresses, architects, builders, astrologers, astronauts, fashion and designers, scientists, zoologists, business men and women, educationists, medical doctors, nurses, lawyers, pilots, drivers, engineers, farmers and other professionals of the world will never stop to celebrate this great Icon, Treasure, Pace-Setter, Path-Finder, Leader, Teacher, Master, Corner Stone, Life Giver, Resurrection and Life, The Way, Truth and Life, The Son of God, the first born from the dead and many more that could be called him or said of him. Psalms 149
THE GREATEST COUNSELLOR
- Do you live by the word of God? Do you spend What do you really know about the kingdom of Christ. So many people think when they buy new cars or build new houses and show it during the Christmas, then they are celebrating and enjoying Christmas. Whatsoever you do without Christ shows you have no life at all. 1 John 5:12
- The poor, the widows, orphans and God's servants who are labouring in different places, must experience the joy of Christmas through you. James 1:25-27
- Never take this lightly, when we close our hearts from being a blessing to those who deserve it, we have closed our doors from having the best from God. So many people are so great in this world, but they only think selfishly without knowing the end of the world is at hand. Matt. 6:19-24
- The birth of Christ, the Word of God made flesh or rather God coming into the world in human nature should make so much meaning to mankind as they come into the knowledge of knowing who Christ is. Christ insisted that wise people must live by his word or else we are seen as fools. Matt. 7:16-27.
THE MIGHTY GOD AND THE EVERLASTING FATHER'S
- Many are confused if Christ is God or not. Oh! Yes He is God and the Father of all creation, for by him all things were created! Col. 1:16-19.
- Christ only came in human nature in humility to save the lost man, Adam which are we on earth. He was called the second Adam because he came in the human nature, nevertheless God. When we celebrating Christmas, we celebrate the gift of God to mankind which is Christ, he is the resurrection and life of mankind. 1 Cor.15:45-58.
- Every honour you give to mankind, honours Christ and whatever you do to honour Christ, honour God. 1 Cor 11:3.
- We neither see Christ nor God, but his love is manifested in us, as we love one another. Christmas is all about manifesting the Love of Christ to fellow humans, and you cannot say I love without giving or sacrifices. 1 John 4:7-21
THE PRINCE OF PEACE
- The whole world is looking for peace and that is the major reason why Jesus has come. Matt.5:9
- If one do not have peace, such a person is in serious trouble on earth. Matt 11:25-30
- Peace has no price, it worths all, life without peace is miserable, useless and worthless Phil 4:6-8
- Jesus is the prince of peace, without him life has no meaning, and Christmas is all about peace with God and peace man. John 3:16
Christmas is not just an ordinary celebration, it is a celebration of life in Christ.. It shows that our life is secured in Christ. It also reveals that God has so much loved us that he never want any one to be wasted on earth. Give your life to Christ! Secure your life in Christ! End your life in Christ! Never miss ETERNAL LIFE THAT IS IN CHRIST. Mark 10:17-31.